Dealerships and businesses alike generally find it difficult to craft a 140-character tweet. That usually means that either their Twitter feeds get tethered to their Facebook status or their profile goes un-updated for days at a time. Either way, they’re missing a big opportunity to connect with their customers. There’s more to Twitter than simply sharing your latest coupons or promotions. Here are our tips to help your dealership engage your followers:
1. Share information about new car features.
2. Post a photo of a concept car.
3. Film a ‘How To’ video showing your fans how to perform minor maintenance on their car at home.
4. Use Twitter search to check out what your customers are saying. Then start a conversation by casually answering some of those tweets.
5. Share information about events happening in your community.
6. Tweet a customer who recently purchased a new car and ask how they’re enjoying it.
7. Tweet a customer who recently visited your service department and ask about their experience.
8. Ask your followers a car-related question.
9. Tweet quick tips for purchasing a new car.
10. Share a photo of your sales or service department.
11. Encourage your employees to tweet by using Twitter to recognize their efforts when they’ve exceeded your expectations.
12. Create a poll and gather input from your followers.
13. Tweet about an upcoming event at your dealership.
14. Generate support for your favorite local charity on Twitter.
15. Ask for feedback about blog topics you can write, a new website layout you’re testing, or your Facebook timeline.
What do you like to tweet about on behalf of your dealership? Share your tips in the comments!