Now more than ever customers are turning to the Internet to research purchase decisions. They’re visiting websites, social networks and forums, seeking out any information that they believe will help them make the most of their money. In fact, 71% are more likely to purchase based on social media referrals.
What does that have to do with blogging? Everything. Blogs are not only a form of social media, their content can help to fuel engagement on your dealership’s social networking profiles. Afterall, a big part of being on a social network is being well, social. You need to have something to talk about, and something for people to comment on and share. Enter: Your blog.
Did you know?
- The average company that blogs generates 55% more website visitors, 97% more inbound links, and 434% more indexed pages.
- 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog.
- US Internet users spend 3X more time on blogs and social networks than in email.
- Inbound marketing, of which blogging is a crucial part, costs 62% less per lead than outbound marketing
(Blogging stats from HubSpot.)
Why blogging is Effective?
Google has updated their search algorithm seven times in the past year, rewarding websites who consistently publish new content and are active in social media. That means that in order for your dealership to rank well in the search engine results pages (SERPs), you need to do more of the following:
- Interact with customers on social networks
- Make your content shareable
- Consistently create original content
- Update your site regularly
Blogging helps you to do all of the above!
What does this mean for your dealership?
If you’re not already consistently updating a blog on your dealership’s website, you need to start. Your customers are out there looking for information about your cars, the sales process, and when to service their vehicles. To get found, you need to rank well in the search engines. By creating and sharing blog content that’s relevant, helpful and interesting to your audience, you’re able to attract new customers while improving your position in the SERPs. Blogging for the win!